05-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #206
foghat
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by peasouped View Post
My 135i with the exact same mods he has on the exact same cobb map made 368whp. And have you ever raced? when I pull him hard on the highway that would mean its because my throttle mapping? hah. Also about the traction thing. When I had traction issues on other runs i ran a slower trap speed? I have about 5 slips from that night. I posted my best time slip ET wise. That wasnt his best run of the night. I wish you didnt live so far away because I'd put any amount of money that his 335i makes atleast 30whp and 60wtq than mine on just a cobb (no protune). Also so I can watch your jaw drop in disbelief lol
It wasn't clear to me you were actually doing runs with him on the highway - I thought you were just going for rides in each other cars.

I know you are seeing what you are seeing and I'm not trying to argue that. But is certainly isn't consistent with what one would expect.

There has to be something else going on with your car. If you are making that much more power than him, he should not be trapping higher than you - unless he weighs a lot less than you. Fixing your traction issues is not likely to result in much, if any, increase in trap speed.

I'd be curious to see your other slips from that night. You say you posted your best et, but your best trap was 111. On the 111 run did you have more traction issues (i.e. what was your 60' time?) than on your best et run? If so, would be consistent with the link I posted.

Last edited by foghat; 05-22-2013 at 11:26 AM..
Appreciate 0