Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by samael View Post
Thanks. Yeah, I had the vehicle the 135i replaced for almost 13 years so I will probably have this for a while.

I already have the 225/40 winter tires, slightly used, but it seems it would make more sense to mount those on 4 identically sized 18x8 rims, which I don't have yet. So what I'd need is the summer tires 215/40 front and 245/35 rear to go on the OEM rims I already have.

TireRack's wheel selection looks great but it's only giving me one matched pair of tires (The Pirelli winter tires) when I asked for a matched pair. If I start over specifying the tire sizes looks like it gives me a bit more.

Now the TPMS which is noted with all the wheels, is that installed in the wheel only where you can switch/add tires later, or do you need a wheel/tire combo to install it?

Thanks....
depending on what the recommended rim size is for the dunlops is on 18x8.5 and 18x7.5 you MIGHT be able to stretch them in the back to fit on your OEM rims. I did that with my old 3 series without any problem and it worked well because of the heavy OEM wheel weight too. I plan on using my OEM rims with a square set up again too.

I wouldn't stagger your tires for winter, square set will give you better results in the snow as more weight on less surface area will give you better traction in snow and wet (more surface area will give you better traction on dry).

let me look at what tire rack says for the dunlops and I'll confirm the stretching.
Appreciate 0