Thread: C63 vs. 135
View Single Post
      08-20-2012, 11:26 PM   #50
gazz
///Mbassador
Australia
Rep
Drives: The horse I fell off

I had a new 650i for a day and put about 250klms on it. Man this thing is BIG. I felt like I was parking a battleship in Brisbane. Nervous all the time about where the perimeters of the car were. Has a trick camera system which lets you see round corners as in when you are emerging from a driveway and it needs it. Glorious exhaust note and quite loud when you floor it. Even though it is twin turbo it actually feels like a big NA V8 in its power delivery. That winding up feeling. It is quick but not explosively so; the speed just gathers and suddenly you are doing 130 kph in an 80 klm zone. Lovely driver orientated cockpit and the quality was evident throughout. Let's hope this is a return to quality for BMW in general. Overall though it isn't a car for me. It's too lazy in its responses, even on the firmest of the four settings. The size is intimidating and if it is up against the CL class Merc as BMW is claiming then it just doesn't feel quite as luxurious. Nice styling though the rear seats are a joke in a car this size, a sacrifice to the style I suppose.

I would rather have a C63 and pocket the $100 K difference.
Appreciate 0