View Single Post
      01-16-2012, 05:58 AM   #307
Thr
Finland
Rep
Drives: M6 GC - Mini Clubman JCW

My new baby with winter tyres. I have also a X5 40d as a winter tool, and an E93 M3 (DCT, Eisenmann, Kw 3 etc.) as a summer and a track car. I don't use the M3 in the winter but this new born baby I'm going to. The M3 I'm going to sell when the snow melts.

I haven't had the change to drive the 1M when it's not snowing but I already love it! There is so much going on through the back wheels that I have to push the MDM as soon as I start the engine, otherwise the car won't move anywhere in the snow or if the road is icy. And when the MDM is on the back feels great, enough slide but not too much. The 1M feels already more of an M3 than my -09 135i manual ever did. It was always moving and felt unstable even with 18" summer tires but this 1M feels super stable.

I took these 270M wheels from my M3 (track wheels) and put Continental Winter Viking 5 tires on them, no studs. And they are great. I had an E90 M3 with Conti "central european" winter tires on and they were rubbish. They don't work here in Scandinavia at all, but were ok when it was dry. In the pictures 270M look boring but in reality look much better. 20 mm spacers on back are a must! Could paint these wheels...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0