View Single Post
      06-08-2011, 12:05 PM   #70
johnsfb
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 1M

[QUOTE=superchargedman;9773836]I don't understand the need to debate if you don't think it's a problem. Shouldn't you be out driving and enjoying it?

Originally Posted by johnsfb

And that surprises you? The thread starter had how many miles on his car when he started the thread? Stick the key in and start whining. Yippieyeah! Mine doesn't just stand around, I drive it. That's why I bought it. And honestly... I think, I've been through all the rev range in all the gears often enough by now. I've driven a total of four 1Ms (including my own) and exactly NONE had a "drone problem" non less a "syndrome". They all droned in the same rev range and I am sure, that that was meant to be and is part of the sound design. Actually, I think I have even recorded the effect. See this video, go to 1:50 and you hear how the sound changes. And it could be just about the rev range in question. The cars I have driven so far, including my own, ALL sound exactly like that. If your cars are different, i.e. louder, more annoying, then where is the problem to record it? Three quarters of the 1M owners probably have Iphones or Pods. The video I have linked to was made using my Ipod Touch. So yes, you're right, I lack compasion.

Something wrong here.
That post did NOT come from me.
Appreciate 0