View Single Post
      12-16-2011, 03:56 PM   #11
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

First let me say, I have the Akra Evolution WITHOUT both the remote and down pipe. On that basis I feel I can offer an opinion on the system as opposed to just hypotheticals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
I am with you on that. Crazy to spend that much on an exhaust system when there are similar/better systems out there for far less money.
Similar / better, how do you measure that?
And yes there are steel or stainless steel systems that are way cheaper. I wanted titanium and I wanted the best quality pipe work with zero compromises on bends and first class welds The resultant craftsmanship the likes, I believ,e is without peer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybris4u View Post
When you pay more than 10% of the price of the car on exhaust... Something is wrong...
Absolutley agree. But disagree for some markets, Australia and Asia for example where the 1M demands a upwards of US$110,000 premium (bullsh1t and sucks balls by the way)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
Although I tend to agree, I havent heard another system that comes close to the aggressive sound of the Akra.
Yeh what he said, WRC Car for the road sound without mega cans hanging out the back of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
The problem is you would rarely have the 'flapper' open to experience the aggressive sound. Way to loud for daily driving.
No flapper here, you just need to be carefully with throttle application, good luck as its addictive. Oh, it is a DD, it is my wife's car hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybris4u View Post
If it was 50% of the price I would consider it. But for current price? Not worth it...
Cheaper in the US than here as well LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
Great point!!! Without hearing it in person I cant gauge how loud it is.
EXACTLY! C'mon over for the weekend, you can even have a drive with both the exhaust and the ESS tune.

By the way, I have no affiliation with Akra, I am just a car nut who is passionate about cars so.......
Appreciate 0