View Single Post
      10-14-2014, 08:48 PM   #17
Kabnine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba114 View Post
The Stage 2 drop in setup is the best option, if i could do it again, thats what i'd do, but instead i cheaped out and went the inline as i also didnt want to have to send my stock bucket back to the states.

keep an eye on n54tech. Someone has gone to the effort of plumbing in a flex fuel sensor for the n54. fuel-it are looking to adapt it into a kit as well which will make it much easier for us to know exactly what E mix we are running at any given time. There may even be JB4 integration too which will be useful, however you really need to adapt the backed flash to cater to the E content. The jb4 may be able to adjust FOL values on the fly to help slightly though.
I did a walbro 460 inline setup, but yeh, if Fuel-it had of been around when I purchased the parts I would have went the inbucket approach.

I run the Procede Flex Fuel setup. Vishnu use a base flash, then the procede has two tables and depending on the E content depends on if it is using map 1 (0-7%) or Map 3 (70% and above) and extrapolates somewhere between the two for 8-69%.

At the end of the day from what I can understand the flash and procede just get the fuel in the ball park and the dme takes care of the fine tuning, and the procede maps are more about timing, boost, and IAT adjustments (or lack of it as the % of E increases). Don't quote me on this though.
Appreciate 0