View Single Post
      11-23-2008, 03:39 PM   #46
timt
Reader, Rare Poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Black (2015)

Does anyone have any real experience with these BMW Performance Seats? I am interested in after-market seats for one main purpose: I am 6' 2" tall and even the manual sport seats put my head a bit too close to the roof when wearing a helmet. I cannot both be in a comfortable position for reaching the stick and pedals while also having good headroom.

Looking at the sport seats in my car, even with the seat as low as it goes, there is a lot of distance between the true floor base and the bottom of the seat. Part of this looks unavoidable (the car has a raised ridge for the seat mounts for some reason.)

For any price these seats do me no good if I get no more headroom. The same would apply for any aftermarket seats.

Can anyone confirm what these are like when installed? What about other seats? If these don't work I may need to have rails custom fabbed and buy some Recaros. Ugh.

Previous (all 6MT): Dinan 135i, E46 M3, 2007 Porsche GT3, 2012 Cayman R, 2003 Carrera 4S, 2001 Gemballa Boxster S, and some Audis.
Appreciate 0