View Single Post
      07-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #7
brave1heart
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOOPY11 View Post
Looks like you had a great time and impressive driving on both cars. What do you think the outcome would be if the two of you swapped steering wheels.
Ender yes, that was Guy driving. We had so much fun that session, I went and talked to him for a few minutes after our session. I told him I was a bit surprised the 1M pulled away so easily on the straights and asked him if he had any engine mods. He said the engine was stock and that it dynoed at 330 rwhp, so it was probably understated from the factory and closer to 375 HP. I mean, you can see it easily from the video and the M Coupe is already a solid 330 HP at the crank.

Snoopy11 thanks, we had so much fun that session! It's hard to say what would happen if we swapped cars. I drove a bone stock 1M at the Glen and loved it - it's such a capable car right out of the box. As you can see fomr the video, the M Coupe was gaining mostly in the braking zone and I think that's mostly due to later, harder braking, so I think if the 1M is driven harder, it would be a bit faster than the M Coupe, at least on these 275 Hankooks.