View Single Post
      08-10-2009, 11:43 PM   #1
BI2016
Rep
Drives: 2010 xdrive 40d, 2012 135i dct

Inside Performance - Quad Exhaust Muffler

Hi Guys,

Im a pretty new member, and I have never posted anything on here before, however I feel obligated to warn members who were thinking of getting an Inside performance Quad system for their 135i - particularly a tuned one ( JB3 or Procede) to be wary of the modifications that need to be done to the muffler and tips in order for it to be suitable for the 135i.

This system was clearly made for ( and is 100% perfect for) the 125i, which clearly has far lower levels of flow comming out the exhaust than the twin turbo motor. Unfortunately when I was driving my 135i ( which has a V3 Rev 2 and an AFE intake) back home after having the system put on my car I noticed a "tornado-esque" noise comming from the rear pipes... after further inspection we realised that the noise was comming from the exhaust gas going into the muffler box and hitting the back of the tips ( which are not connected in this kit - think Lexus IS-F).

My car had to go back an have the rear boxes removed, and get new tips made so that you get a "straight through" effect from pipe to tip.

I feel potential buyers should be aware of this, as I was pretty upset and dissapointed ( after spending several grand, and waiting a long time for the muffler and CF diffuser to be made up) to find the car sounded more like a dyson on steroids than the silky smooth inline 6 sports car.

Beyond this obvious technical floor, the system looks great and is very factory looking ( which was why i preferred it to the Hartge system)... however after seeing the layout of the Hartge system, the is not set up like this, and would not give this problem.... and in hindsight its definitely the better system.

I hope this is of use to those who were tossing up between the two...

Kind Regards,

Brett
Appreciate 0