06-09-2011, 09:34 PM   #86
SUBIMMER
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2004 cobb STI/ AW 1M comming s

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad doc View Post
I won't go as far as saying you are a troll but come on. The car didn't "wow" you. You are about the only person I have heard that from. The automotive journalists are overwhelmingly "wowed" I am sure that they have a whole lot more seat time in amazing rides and are still being "wowed" without exception. Maybe, as you confided, the m3 with dct wows you more due to your driving skills.

Again, the car has not been proven to not be able to deal with heat so we don't have a clue what your talking about. You do not sound like an experienced track veteran so perhaps you should hold that opinion for yourself.
i was holy shit wowed yesterday morning when an 1m owner pulled up at a gas station in front of my work place and after running across the street and telling him my 1m was due end of juin, he offered me a ride like that! I'm a construction worker and was dirty as hell and he said hop in ,its not a piano.. When i test drove an m3 for the first time after laying down a deposit for the 1m few months ago ,i recall driving up to the dealership in my STI and then driving the beautiful m3 wich felt a bit low on punch to me.... even at higher revs...I'm sure the power is there in numbers but ehhhhh. Then i sat in the passenger seat of the 1m wich was still beeing broken in,HELLO power! Believe me , my STI is quick , but this thing is freaky quick!! the thing bounces and darts around (in a good way) like a boxer ready to strike ......its freakin awesome!!! loved the HK sound system!!! sounds bitchin! And seeing it in white in real life for the first time really helped calm me down about the color choice!!!! hooray for AW!! Moral of the story.....its a good bit quicker then the angry STI and its cheaper then the m3 wich to me is not a sporty car on the street (dont street race kids!! dont drink and drive ...practice safe sex yadi yadi yada..) . The 1m definetly felt light and sporty ,feel is everything oin a sports car....

pardon my english, i'm part french canadian,part illiterate..
Appreciate 0