View Single Post
      08-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #62
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatron View Post
Which set of coilovers are you looking at flinchy? So front is as per e82, but rear is m3/1m spec - correct?
I'm looking at BC Racing ER, cheaper than a lot of options like KW (i'd love ohlins though aha), and i've ridden in some other cars (evo's etc.) with them in and not an issue. few aussie members have them too no complaints.. heck, there's a few over on M3post, that speaks volumes if an M3 owner is willing to run them lol- yeah from what i've been told pretty clearly if you want to upgrade to the M3 rear camber link, the mounting point changes to the strut which only the M cars have..
The front strut remains E8x/E9x spec as the hub/brake/etc mounting point is totally different and the tube is a different diameter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSTuning View Post
The lighting makes it hard to see, but here's one of the photos you can see the logo in (center ish of the part). That particular kit is all genuine BMW E9X M3 components specifically designed for the E9X non-Ms, but thanks to all the research yall have done I have linking it up with the 135 on my parts guys "to do" list.

James
135/130/128/120... all the 1 series's, E82, E81, E87, E88 - i think the only part that doesn't fit on the 1er vert would be the sway bar (from memory) due to the additional chassis bracing (130i E87 owner here)

I still haven't received a reply from any TRW group with any confirmation of similarity or difference in quality between the ///M branded and TRW branded, only the reply from ECS stating they're the same

Last edited by flinchy; 08-29-2012 at 04:39 PM..
Appreciate 0