06-15-2014, 11:08 AM   #18
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOz View Post
AFAIK, N55 midpipe has no secondary cat, just a resonator. N54 has secondary cats and is more restrictive compared to N55. Supersprint mid is just a straight pipe.

A lot of people goes with N55 mid because it is not costly and allow deeper exhaust note without the drone.

Correct for the N55/N54, also N55 pipe is lighter than our stock pipe. SS on the other hand offers alternatives for every section of the exhaust. For the mids you can choose among: with cats and resonator like our stock, with cats no resonator, without cats but resonator (like N55 and Maddads) and finally full straight. It is indeed pretty modular their offers. I would dare to try their straight pipe myself if I had the chance but experimenting with 1M is over for me and am pretty happy with my Evolve (Supersprint) Race with N55 mids, just enough dose of bark and pop depending on where your right foot is.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0