View Single Post
      05-21-2012, 03:07 PM   #43
fourtailpipes
Major
Rep
Drives: the ladies crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yandyr View Post
So you're saying that I should spin in HPDE to to move up? Maybe the reason I was moved up is because I showed that I wasn't prone to this sort of spin. It happens, lack of being in that situation. I accept and respect your opinion but this doesn't speak anything to any quality of instruction.

I looked for an instructor and had one for a couple of sessions, even had one drive my car that weekend. Not going out thinking I"m beyond instruction or learning. But mistakes happen at any group, I've seen worse in more advanced groups and in less advanced.

So one mistake, tiredness, lack of being in that situation means what? It happend, and if you would've reacted differently then congratulations.

This is typical, in any sport "someone screws" up and all of the sudden everything is questioned. With that mind set, no one will ever advance.

Thanks for your input regardless.
i do not think you need to spin to move up, but i absolutely DO think you need to demonstrate to your instructor your ability to drive at or near the limit of your vehicle, where such corrections are very commonplace. i hope you don't take this personally, but the video shows me that you have little or no experience driving a car at or near its limit of adhesion, as the correction needed in this case would have been quite minor, and should be second nature to anyone driving solo on a racetrack.
Appreciate 0