View Single Post
      10-01-2012, 02:22 AM   #12
FDM68
Captain
Wake Island
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i

Yep been there done that. I'm in Germany so I don't get the value of the warranty like the states. First time there was some "build up" on the rotor, they cleaned and no noise for about a week. Second time "my rotors have a warped spot" They tried to tell me that since our front calipers are so big that sometimes the rotors won't cool off evenly when parked after a hard run. And of course thay said no we don't replace them under warranty.... Jsut incase you guys thins it's only BMW NA that plays the stupid card there're not, the ones over here are just the same.
Some time its really light sometimes not so much. Fk'n irritating as hell. I think it has something to do with the pads and the pistons. Maybe they don't always retract, I think this because if there making the rubbing sound and I roll the brakes for a few feet it disappears. The brakes still work fully and all but when I get the car back stateside, shipping in a few weeks, I'm gonna take it to my pops in law alignment shop and have him see what's up. Plus I'll be looking to change the rotors/pads any ways. I think the whole warped in just one spot thing is complete bullshit. I know performance brakes are touchy sometimes but this is BS.