View Single Post
      10-26-2012, 01:51 AM   #73
TomTom///M
Private
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M / Ferrari 458 Speciale

Hey Oz, LotusBoy,

Thanks for your messages. The main reason that I am considering changing the rears from a 265/35 to a 275/35 is that there are no 265/35 PSSs available in Dubai, it's not a size they're carrying in their catalogue.

So, for the upcoming full tire change, it's either:
- replace with stock size PS2s (okay, but there's better out there, isn't it?)
- replace with PSS 245/35/19 front and 275/35/19 rear
- replace with stock size Pilelli P Zeros (not really tempted)
- replace with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup+ in stock sizes
Am not a fan of moving towards 2xx/30s because of the looks in wheel arches, personally.

Nobody said it was easy, right?

Cheers,
Tom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
You are right there LotusBoy, I am aware of the principle. Still I believe in the case of 1M it might be less pronounced since the PSS extra grip should help the fronts as well and because the car's rear will be more settled and predictable it might not end with that bad understeer. I feel like M3 and 1M are quite different cars in terms of their power delivery and traction characteristics so 1M needs wider and stickier tires at the rear vs a stock M3 imo.

In fact I am contacting a few 1M and M3 owners who keep the fronts stock while getting wider at the rear like 295s and they all seem to be happy with the result so I may give it a try and if I feel that it is not working, not a big issue for me since I keep the stock PS2 set almost unused, as my reserve and I can use them if and when needed and just sell the wider new rears in the market.

Still again, the reason why I am not decided yet on this is simple; I am quite happy with the stock sizes since the added grip of PSS is more than enough for me..for now.

In fact, if we go with the book, I could go and try 275/30 19 front and 295/30 19 rear set which would be perfectly proportional upgrade and if 255/35 can fit at the front so should 275/30. I assume there won't be a hint of understeer with that one but will the car react as agile as it is now?

Last edited by TomTom///M; 10-26-2012 at 02:01 AM..
Appreciate 0