coolguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtheo View Post
ouch. couple of points to bring up
  1. Ed is not a manager whatsoever, he is a used car salesman in the truest sense of the word
  2. True, he gives terrible service & doesn't care, wish he wasn't here.
  3. Not sure what issues you had with your car, so I can't comment on that. But speaking from personal experience, the SA's & myself have always worked hard to keep my clients happy.
  4. I have a very good working relationship with the SA's & the techs, so we are typically able to get most, if not all issues resolved for my clients
For what it's worth, if someone is looking for a pre-owned car, I can assist with that.

Dave
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your replies. I have seen your posts on 1addicts and I think you are a great SA and you are the only reason I haven't posted this about Ganley till now.

I am a brain surgeon now and it was 2 yrs ago when I just finished my residency and drove to Ganley in Ohio twice with my spouse from Detroit in Michigan for buying a used 330 coupe. Many things were not as promised. They were lot of scratch marks on the car. They jacked up the price by 2K more than that was agreed. I was promised it was pre certified
and I did feel it wasn't. Coz I had the cheque and everything, my spouse travelled twice to ohio with me taking off from work, I just thought I'll buy it and take it back. They took advantage of my helplessness.

On my way back, the audio stopped working, ac went down, all electronic displays went off and my spouse seat was broken and fell backwards (all this happened on the highway).Front brake calipers went wrong. When I called back to Ganley after reaching detroit and asked if it was precertified really or they just bumped me off with a commercial lease vehicle, can you believe the answer i got?

You are a brain surgeon, like you know sometimes brain have tumours, car
has problems in the engine too. You won't know them unless you open them. so you got to live with what you have like your brain, like your car. I was so frustrated and tried to reason, Edhall transferred to Salesmanager who was shouting on the fone. I just felt abused and hung up. Later I tried to call and write to Michael Hays who is the general manager, he wouldn't take my call or write back to me.

This was the most worst bmw experience I ever had. I have a z3, 328 coupe, 330 coupe, x5 4.4i and now a 135I. But that one bad experience really showed me the other side of Ganley. Please don't take this personally and I would buy something from your dealership if I only find you n see no one else. Good Luck!
Appreciate 0