View Single Post
      05-11-2014, 07:38 PM   #49
killerhurtalot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Well. I just bought my 135i through a dealership after about 3 months of looking on the forums and also dealerships around the country (was willing to ship it)

I feel like a lot of the BMW 135i on this forum is pretty over priced and the people are kind of slow to respond to replies/pms... Every single person I PM'd, it usually takes days to respond about the car and get more specific pictures... I don't think I made unreasonable demands for pictures... (like picture of each wheel close up, close up pictures of the leather seats and etc...) and people usually say they'll get to it later that week or something like that... (seriously... is it THAT HARD to take like 5 minutes to take a couple pictures to help selling your car? just take a few casual pictures when you're getting out of the car after work or something...)

And pricing wise I feel like is really out of touch with what the market is selling at or is willing to accept... I saw and was in contact with a dealership that had a 2011 Sedona red and beige leather interior with almost EVERY option with like 24k miles for around 28.5k. And this is out of a dealership with fees and all that shit.

I get that it was during winter, but people are selling cars on here for WAY more than what dealerships are selling and they really need to realize that it's private sale... they should be selling it for literally $1000-500 less than what dealerships are trying to charge for the car... Especially when many of the BMW Dealerships are selling cars with similar options but they have CPO WARRANTY for similar prices...

I bought a BMW 2011 135i DCT with 43k miles, M sports package, Premium package, Navigation, HK audio, and pretty much everything without Comfort access and the rear parking sensors... And it also came with the BMW performance Exhaust... a few chips on the paint and a small accident in the front that had the bumper removed and repaired and repainted for $25000...

There's a market for the car... just not at the prices of what members are listing at 90% of the time...

And there's still a good reason for buying cars at dealerships... most of them WILL go above and beyond to actually do the right thing for you because bad reviews/bad impressions are terrible for future sales... Found out that there was a leak in the window and it caused the blower motor to short and this was within a month of buying the car. Warranty won't cover leaks and shit and the dealership fixed it out of good will... private sellers won't do any of this...

Last edited by killerhurtalot; 05-11-2014 at 07:57 PM..
Appreciate 0