View Single Post
      12-24-2014, 11:04 AM   #17
Ilovemountains
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i M Sport 6MT Alpine W

Joe... LOL

I can assure you I am not like “Joe“.

I’ve been primarily driving RWD vehicles for the last 20 years, ranging from several MX5’s, a G35 manual, an S2000 and an RX8. I don’t drive spiritedly around others or on busy streets but I am known to drift around empty parking lots and the occasional empty intersection. Like my post title said, it was the first drive in the rain and I was testing the boundary’s to get a feel for the breaking point of the car and to see how it reacts.

Anyway, as to why I bought the 1, I’m not sure just yet! Part of it stems back to 2009 when my wife and I rented one in Sorrento Italy, that was a diesel and took some getting used to shifting with my left hand but I love the look of the car. The other part of it was impulse….

If my last MX5 was child seat friendly I would have kept it, I lost my a$$ selling it this past fall, I had modified it over many years to my liking from a full roll cage, re-geared with a Bosch Torsen LSD, full exhaust, suspension etc etc etc It was a fantastic little car but my wife hated it, she always thought it was too small, rode too rough and on and on. Anyway didn’t mean to rustle any feathers, Ill have to get a copy of the owner’s manuals for my office
Appreciate 0