View Single Post
      04-06-2008, 09:32 AM   #158
new_one
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

^ You are probably right about that aus. The nature of a smaller manufacturer. The advantage of a really strong wheel, really good looking wheel, purpose built, and light outweigh the waits IMO.

My ED isn't until Oktoberfest so the wait is not too big a deal for me, but many may want these sooner.

I will check with Carlos and see if he can provide us with a timeline that he can live with and we can count on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo View Post
That opinion was given purely as a heads up for non-custom, after-market wheels that many assume will fit and I did not mean to imply that no 8.5" wide wheel would fit the front of the 1-Series (asv has already proven it is possible). Custom wheels such as the Morr are specifically designed for correct fitment by the manufacturer.
Your observation regarding the wheel width and offset only clearing the strut and arm by ~1-mm and also probably rubbing at the fender and extending beyond the wheel well is what got my attention Mikeo! Seems like you were seeing the 8.5 being pretty hemmed-in at best.

Having so much information available quickly and in an organized manner, is what is what is so cool about forums like this though. IMO we have some more to learn about what will or will not fit up front.

- Jim new_one
"All human interaction is mathematics and politics."
Appreciate 0