View Single Post
      10-29-2011, 09:53 PM   #6
ILoveChess100
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i (DCT, Sport/PremPkg)

My car has done lots of weird stuff too, to the point where I hooked up a camera to the passenger headrest and 2 external mics (one in trunk, one under the hood) so the dealership stops telling me I am crazy.

Twice now the car has stalled (DCT equipped) when making a low speed (15-20mph) right hand turn in manual mode with sport button on and downshifting right before entering the turn. When the car stalls, it puts the tranny in N and the power steering and braking stops working. Lovely, especially when trying to complete a turn that was just initiated with a car in the other lane.

Once, under full throttle acceleration in sport mode in regular D position, the engine just started bouncing off the rev limiter and refused to shift into second until I let off the gas and a few seconds later the tranny hooked up again. I guess the car didn't feel like accelerating at that particular time - perhaps next time I should ask for its permission first if its ok to floor it.

Although supposedly 'resolved' already through a software upgrade, when I drove the car home from the dealership with 35 miles on the odometer (note 35 not 35k) and put it in reverse the car also stalled after a couple of violent surges backwards. What a great way to start my ownership of this vehicle. This was reproduced and escalated all the way to BMWNA.

There are some pretty serious software issues with these newer 135i's - in my case all related to the DCT. On some occasions it is just downright scary and definitely a safety issue.
Appreciate 0