View Single Post
      04-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #53
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Earlier today at traffic lights an older pedestrian crosses the street, stops in the middle, gives me the thumbs up with an approving nod, whilst saying "belle voiture" ("nice car") and moves on. Will never happen when I drive my other cars.

This evening in the dark on a calm road I accelerated a few times to enjoy some Akrapovic aural pleasure. At some point I noticed the headlights of three bikers behind me approaching at high speed (the typical shaky lights in the rear view mirror). Looks like they must have noticed the Akra rasp. For the known courtesy reasons towards bikers, I move myself as far a possible to the right side of the road to allow them a swift pass without changing lanes. Instead of passing me, the three bikers come hanging next to me on the left. The one in the front starts to violently rev his bike repeatedly, smiled at me (open helmet), greeted me and then they all dashed off with an impressive acceleration. Seems that they appreciated the courtesy move.

A couple of weeks ago, a homeless man at the traffic lights approaches my car. I partially roll down the window and he says: "I don't want change, man. Can I just see the dashboard ?", so I rolled the window further down. He gazed for a moment at the instrument panel with a thoughtful look and then said "Thanks man, great car !" and he walked towards another car. I was stunned for a few seconds or so by this surreal encounter.