11-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #7
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post
Yes, you will fail your smog test if you change your DPs to either catless downpipes or high flow race catted downpipes.

You will be able to change your midpipe to whatever you want as in your model of car, they make no difference at all to the emissions.

In regards to the sound, you will get the most change to the sound by changing the axleback due to the muffler. The second most change comes from the midpipes due to the resonators. The least will come from the downpipes but in your case there's not much you can do to change those unless you want to go through the hassle of swapping your stocks back in every 2 years.
I know right, that's why I don't want to do the mod if I have to change it to stock in the next 2 years. It's not the matter of money but more to wasting time and useless. So with what you said, by changing mid pipe I would probably still pass the smog check? Do you have any recommendation for mid pipe? I'm thinking to pair it with Meisterschaft Sus-GT though.
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates
Appreciate 0