11-04-2011, 01:01 AM   #13
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MVO View Post
Photos please!
I don't have photos, however the four 261's with RFT's were lying flat on the folded down rear seat with the rears closest to the front seats. You have to do this with the front seats in the 'convenient entry' position so you can pull them into postion from the front. The two new rear Hankook Ventus tires were then stacked on top of the rear wheels close to the front seats, as there is plenty of headroom. Since the front 261's were flat in the 'trunk' there was not room to stack the new front tires on top of them. So I placed one of the new front tires in the passenger side footwell, with the second on the front passenger seat, in the 'sitting' position. I removed the headrest on the passenger seat so I could still see the mirror on the passenger side, as the passenger seat was in the forward position. Each rim/tire and new tire were in XXL (35" x 50") green garbage bags so no marks were left on any interior surface. I only did this to get from home to the tire/wheel shop. There, they mounted the new Hankooks on the donor (mint condition) 261's - balanced and aligned the wheels. The RFT's on the donor replacement wheels were worn out and were discarded. I drove home with my original 261's and RFTs in tire bags in the back as described above.
Appreciate 0