View Single Post
      05-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #91
whostorm05
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

I'm not overall impressed with the installation at all. They took everything I said and basically ignored it. I'm going to try and fix it myself once I move back to Indiana, I don't have time to look at it now.

They really junked up the front sensors. With the BMW specific version does anyone think the receiver 'must' be at the top for best results? The distance between the receiver (bubble part) and the headlight appears to be about the same either way it is mounted. They did a really, really bad job at leveling them and making them straight. They kept blaming the fact that the grill slits were not straight. I pointed out I could move it and make it straight. They said they would take another look but I'm not taking it back to them. I bought a black grill I'm going to install anyway and would have to redo the installation at some point.

The rears they mounted not flush with the edge of the trunk lid because it "looked better" and would "still work". They are not all the way back, I'd say prob 1/2 way back. I'll post a pic when i can. The receiver portion is also backwards from how I think they should have installed it. I'm not sure how big of a factor that will be. The receivers point inwards and not outwards towards the tail lights. I'm assuming the cop would hit the tail lights and not the rear license plate? Not sure though.

The CPU/Speaker box is also somewhere under the steering wheel. I'm going to have to take off that panel to see where.

I had them hard wire my 9500ix at the same time. I do like what they did with the LI switch and the 9500ix remote display unit. They mounted them both in the empty spot underneath the hvac control unit. It's not 100 percent level but it looks ok. I'll post a pic of that as well.

Overall for what I paid for the work I got entirely ripped off. I plan on posting reviews on just about every review place I can think of when I have time after this move.
Appreciate 0