12-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #14
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em/1 View Post
Those are great numbers especially if compare to that M3! No matter the dyno, you were within 20hp of what is rated at 414!
Just remembered this; when I did second dyno (Mustang) after installing N55mids and Evolve rear exhaust (which is a very comparable set up to mikewillis 1M) the dyno operator showed me some other results from the same dyno, there was a 2012 E92 M3 with 323 whp and done almost same time with my stock dyno, that was a stock M3 before installing a supercharger at that shop. Mine was 294 whp stock and 301 after exhaust. So, like other posts here I was also within similar range, a mere 22 whp from a 2012 E92 M3. Even the stock 1M was just 29 whp away. There is no way that a 1M is 340 ps crank, if a M3 really makes 420 ps or vice versa, period!

EDIT: Tq difference between stock 1M to stock E9X M3 is huge, literally around 50 to 60 % difference there. However, M3 really has one of the flatest curves I've ever seen.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0