08-28-2012, 04:14 AM   #20
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewills View Post
Looks great man. I also installed mine this weekend, but the weather prevented me from getting good pics.

Did you noticed the four inner bolts caused the lip to slight tilt upward to follow the contour of the bumper. Almost like we can use a few washers on the two forward bolts, between the lip and bumper. Mine also had scratches on the gloss finish, but not too visible when installed. Mine came via FedEx and the box had a couple punctures. Luckily, not where the lip was. Shipping was ridiculously fast....like 2 days total from Germany.

Not something that is noticeable once fitted to be honest. No scratches present........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drillslinger View Post
Lol, thanks. It's the bridge that gave it away. I was there in 2009 for MINI United (Drove 10 hours from Stuttgart) and crossed that bridge quite a few times in just 4 days... some of them were sober even
That was a big showing in 09....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahlzeit View Post
@ OP

Can you comment on any change in driving dynamics? For example in a high-speed sweeper and straights, is there any difference in stability or over/under-steer balance?

And, looks like you have the OEM rear lip still correct?

Oh, and of course the lip looks fantastic!
Sorry mate, I fitted the splitter and then drive to Silverstone the next day, 30mph at best through the city then motorway doing 80 at most, if it prevented any front end lift that would have been hard to detect as I had ballast in the passenger seat, by that I mean my mate who weight over 100kg lol but nothing negative was detected through the steering....Lightweight has done plenty of high speed autobahn runs and ring laps during testing.

On the boot lid I have the BMW performance carbon spoiler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsmatt View Post
The lip looks really good in the flesh nice and subtle......unlike its owner!
Says the man who would fit grip tape so he could in-turn use the splitter as a step later enabling him to reach the bonnet

Last edited by Aussie_in_London; 08-28-2012 at 05:45 AM..
Appreciate 0