View Single Post
      11-27-2012, 06:09 AM   #1
FOACAD
Airborne!
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW/CR 135i Msport

Dack, I need your never ending knowledge...

Ok, so upon returning from deployment I have promised my wife that she gets the next new car. Currently she drives a 2002 Lincoln LS in the states and she desperately wants an SUV.

We are down to two choices after having her drive a myriad of different SUVs.

2011 or 2012 Mercedes ML350 (whichever one we could get used under 45k, with the options we want, in April when we plan to buy, preferably the 2012 because its is the refresh)

2013 BMW X1 (or 14, not sure when they start taking orders for the next year). Cant decide between xdrive28i and xdrive35i on this one. Either one would be loaded up. 41k for the 28i and 44k for the 35i.

All that aside, Dack, this is where you come in.

I have not been able to find out if BMW offers a tow package for the X1, and am seeing some say that they in fact dont offer one. This is a big deal as the ML350 comes with a tow package and we really want an SUV that can tow, even a small amount, like waverunners or a small trailer etc.

Have you seen anything out there that is from BMW?

The only thing I have found is this....

http://www.pfjones.co.uk/tow-bars/bm...1-towbars.html

I really like the one for 205gbp as it looks to be completely hidden when its not on there.

Help me find a place other than a British site to buy it on? Or anything else similar? Please?
Appreciate 0