Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
This is slightly incorrect. Here is the correct breakdown. Changes in red
B= 2011, Model year(this is 'B' on all 1M models). This is only used in US and Canada most countries do not use model year and it is usually replaced with 0. However, cars with the option, S993A - model year code in VIN, use model year system. In some of those markets C is used for 2012 model year
That is correct, this registry originally started as NA only and then I began adding "other" countries. I edited the post to satisfy you.
Quote:
V= Assembly plant code. V is for Leipzig plant
Like I said, plant code.
Quote:
P76087= Sequence of vehicle production as it rolled off assembly line. <-- That is incorrect. In a lot of cases cars with higher sequence number got an earlier production date. For example, VP75904 was built on 2010-10-27 and VP75905 was built on 2010-10-26
Last 5 always numeric.
Regardless, the registry only looks at the production month and is not taking into consideration the actual minute the car was technically completed. A vehicle with a lower production number/VIN more than likely went into production earlier but can take ultimately longer to build because of other factors.

Quote:
Mr.Metak2you, why is VP75900 not included?
I never received any information on that VIN. If it is a normal production or pre-production please feel free to share.

Quote:

Why do you count pre-production Canadian car (VP75907), but do not even include press cars(VP75915)?
7507 has never been considered a "pre-production car so that is why it is included. None of the "press/demo/pre-production" cars are included in the official total production numbers that BMW releases. Some of those cars are probably not even in existence and are dismantled/destroyed.

My information for this registry relied heavily on BMW insiders and of course the participation of forum members. Most of the forum member entries were even verified to be authentic by color/vin matching from dealership databases.
Quote:
How do you calculate production number? Do you take in account production date? If not, your system is flawed.
Flawed? Production number is determined by the VIN. The lower the VIN number the lower the production number. If you disagree that is your prerogative. Production date is simply (month/year) but if you think that production number should be determined by the actual minute/day/time a car is technically completed and everyone here agrees I can simply stop wasting my time here and shut it down.

Anything else I can help you with SickFinga? If you want to help please PM any and all VIN information you have. Otherwise, if you just want to nit pick then I am not interested.