View Single Post
      08-29-2011, 12:10 PM   #25
Lay-Z M3
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: ASPP 135i Cab, E90 M3, M235i

Just got this off another MINI forum - kinda backs up my concerns!

Did I get a lemon or is Mini quality this bad?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

My husband bought his first Mini nearly ten years ago and loved it so much he convinced me to get rid of BMW Z4 and buy a 2010 Mini Clubman. I have never regretted buying a car so much in my life. With less than 20,000 miles on it, I have had my Mini die on the freeway 4 times and towed to the dealership twice. Both times it was towed to the dealership were for "fuel issues" which eventually were found to be a bad HP Fuel Pump.

The other two times it "ran out of gas" with nearly 80 miles left to empty on the gauge. The running out of gas continues to be an issue and I've just resigned myself to refilling with 100 miles to empty. Oh did I mention the check engine light has come on two times and both times I took it in they couldn't diagnose the problem for days and eventually said they were other "fuel issues".

I live in SoCal and having your car die in the fast lane is absolutely frightening and is a safety issue. I also work at a refinery and I know about gasoline and the requirements for producing it. All these fuels issues are BS... I think we got a lemon!

You'd think my family would take warning from my problems, but nope. My poor mother went out and purchased a Countryman. She just called to tell me her car just died for the second time on the freeway and is being towed to the dealership. She has already replaced a pump and is also having "fuel problems" with check engine lights coming on.

I love how cute my Mini is, but I can't keep getting stuck on the freeway. Never again for Mini, and now I question buying another BMW. Please take my families warning and buy something else.
Appreciate 0