11-28-2011, 12:08 PM   #12
Simsims
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 119/220

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm View Post
As long as its dry, my standard procedure when I get in the car is to push the traction control button until it’s all the way off.

I'm just not a fan of the M button at all though. I feel like it turns the gas petal into an on off switch. The car is already pretty sensitive with the quick spooling turbos but with the M button I lose almost all ability to roll on and off the throttle. I really don’t like this when I’m pushing the limits in a turn. Plus it makes no difference at full throttle as far as I can feel.

I like be able to modulate the throttle input at partial throttle and if I'm mashing the petal it doesn't seem to make any difference. So, I just don't see a benefit and definitely feel it detracts from proper involvement at partial throttle inputs.
you just need to learn to feather the throttle.

M mode the throttle input is non-linear but fixed. normal mode the throttle adjusts depending on your driving. adaptation = bad, extremely bad if you're driving between stop/go traffic, highway and track.

to top that off, in M mode the wastegate is modulated to keep the turbo spooled. you can't do that in normal mode.