04-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
C'sM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i xdrive wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR013 View Post
What are you guys being told who are going into the dealers ready to order the 1M?

Not the guys who already have orders, or have had deposits in since the first rumor. Just curious because it looks like some of the threads are saying dealers are turning away people with money in their hands.
I went to my dealership (Hendrick BMW Charlotte, NC) on last Thursday to ask them about availability. I told them I was looking for ED of mid to late July. They emailed BMWNA ED division and the next day they called me and said that there was still availability for ED in July and that all I needed to do was put in my order and deposit. I went in Friday afternoon and put my deposit down!

Now this being said, I am dealing with a sales man and I know he wants to get as many sales as possible. The dealership I'm dealing is the only one in Charlotte and sells A LOT of BMW's; therefore, they will get a larger allocation of 1M's than many other dealerships. Furthermore, they have strong relationship with BMWNA which i feel helps as well. They said they had 5 orders in front of me and that my order would come out of there June allocation. I know they haven't even gotten their May allocation much less their June allocation but we shall see. The dealership feels very confident I will get my car when I want it. Only time will tell?
Appreciate 0