Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_w_lewis View Post
Sorry, I should have said mostly highway miles. I can tell you that that my job requires me to do a lot of travelling. I spend 80% of my driving on the interstate. Is it 100%? No, but do you really think I meant 100%

If I were to sell my car, I would tell the potential buyer that the miles are all, oh excuse me mostly, highway miles.

Seriously?
Yes, seriously. That wasn't meant as a dig towards you. I was infering to used car sales in general. When looking at cars being sold privately, they always seem to be advertised as being "mostly" highway miles. It just seems odd that all these vehicles appear to be immune to city driving, and stop and go traffic.
My 2008 128i was driven 29,900 miles by the previous owner in a period of less than 1.5 years. I believed the sales guy when he told me they were mostly highway miles. Thats a lot of ground to cover in any city in such a short period of time. Now I average 11,000 miles a year and it wouldn't be anywhere near even that small amount if it weren't for all the highway driving I do.
Appreciate 0