View Single Post
      09-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
eazyefromli
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i Coupe

N54 Jb4 Issue - Pulsating/Uneven Boost

Hey guys, I've done a bunch of searching on the forums and on google and can't seem to find an answer. Sorry if this is something that's been answered, if so, please link to the info!

Anyways, I have a 2010 135i. I purchased a JB4 PnP back in december or january, I can't remember exactly when, but I didn't have a chance to install it until a couple weeks ago (waiting for services, moving across the country, a bunch of stuff came up). I installed it last friday after having my 30k mile service from BMW and have had one major issue.

I noticed that under heavy acceleration (but not full throttle, maybe 3/4 throttle) that my car is not boosting evenly. In any map that I've tried (1, 2, and 5) I'm having issues with the boost 'pulsating'. According to the hijacked boost gauge I am peaking at around 14psi average, but intermittently pulsating between 14psi and around 8psi. Under full throttle I don't really notice any issues.

I was wondering if anyone had any similar problems, and if so, what their solution was.

The only other mod I'm running is a BMS DCI, and I'm running 91 octane at around 3-5k ft altitude.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0