View Single Post
      03-15-2008, 11:08 AM   #28
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Plien, I have a positive report: Since 1992 we have owned 11 Lexus. Not one (repeat not one) has had ever had a warranty issue. However, oil changes are required.

Negative: Since 1997, I have owned three new BMW's. Two of the three have been nightmares - only rivaled by poor service at the dealer.

Good news: I have finally learned never to even consider a BMW.
Huh, interesting, your experiences are pretty much polar opposite of mine, goes to show.

Lexus service, at least in this area, is far and away the worst I have ever encountered, baring Honda. Taking a new IS350 to the dealer 13 times (Several for Recalls) within the first 20,000 miles makes you question how good Toyota reliability really is. Not to mention, this was in a car that handled terribly, sucked gas, and was far and away the most uncomfortable car I've ever been in, including race cars.

There are several Toyota vehicles consumer reports will no longer reccomend, due to poor reliability. The FJ Cruiser for example, is ranked as the 6th worst car built, recieving a score of 36 out of 100, tied with the Toyota Yaris.

Moral of the story: Your arugment holds no water. Anyone can experience anything. Also, quite frankly, I think you're completely full of it, based on your conflicting statements over which cars you have, and have not owned.

By comparison, my father has had 0 problems with his 535i, with 20,000 hard driven miles.

OP: I wouldn't worry. The internet always brings out the worst.
Appreciate 0