View Single Post
      02-12-2009, 03:39 AM   #1
Caduceus
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 (sold), 2017 M2

Brisbane - Willowbank Drags this Saturday

Heads up for those who may be interested. I'm probably going to head to the Test n Tune night at Willowbank this Saturday (14th Feb) - weather permitting.

If anyone is interested in going, I highly recommend it as a fun night. It's $38 to enter and this will get entry for yourself and one other person. If you just want to watch, it's $19 each so if two of you go, it costs nothing more to run your car anyway.

Website is here for more details:

http://www.willowbankraceway.com.au/...?qstEventId=21

If you're new to formal drag racing, there's really nothing to be intimidated about. It's not dangerous and not particularly hard on your car (unless big burnouts are your thing). If you bring your 135 there will be plenty of slower cars but plenty of faster ones too. Regardless, I just do it for the timeslip and the practice. Who you line up with is irrelevant for most people.

Post on here or drop me a PM if you think you might be interested in going. The big "if" at this stage is the weather. Not looking too good at this stage but these events are run very often so I'll just go next time if it rains.

If the weather looks OK but turns bad, they have a refund policy. Full refund if you don't get a run in. Pro rata for 1 or 2 runs and nothing if you make three runs before it rains. If it rains it will be cancelled.

PB for me is 13.05 at 109 mph. I WILL make a 12 sec pass next time. I have a few new tricks since then

Questions? Please ask.....

PS. You need a helmet. If you don't have one, I have a couple of spares I can loan out.
Appreciate 0