04-30-2014, 12:58 PM   #57
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_vB View Post
I re-read my post to try to understand which parts you felt were "self serving" and "like an advertisement for BMW" based on your comments, but I must admit I'm still not exactly sure. Perhaps the most positive thing I said about the 1M is that it "may well be the better everyday tool", but you seem to agree that the GT3 isn't an everyday car? Or that the 1M is even more playful than the GT3 RS at lower speeds?

Perhaps you can point out what issues you took, or as you say write your own review. Despite the fact that I perhaps didn't "gush" over the RS 4.0 enough for your taste, I do love the car and may eventually pick one up, though as I said only for occasional use. Meanwhile I do very much enjoy cars with "mobile" chassis, a personal preference that I try to communicate as honestly as I can.

At the outset I said these cars are very different and hence unfair to compare. That said, many do exactly that. The 1M placed 3rd behind the RS 4.0 and MP4-12C in Evo's 2011 car of the year, ahead of eight other cars in a strong year that included the Aventador, Cayman R, M5, Ferrari FF, etc. Point being I'm not the only one that likes it. I realize there are some that don't feel the same- you're certainly welcome to your opinion, hopefully assuming you've driven one.

As for my bias, I've owned about a dozen Porsches and currently own a couple, while I've only had the pleasure of owning two BMWs, an E46 M3 and the 1M. I mainly compete in Porsches- GT2, Cayman S with 3.8S swap, my '69 Cup, etc. I simply try to be honest. Sorry it didn't find you well for whatever reason.
Pete, too good of a post in response to a post which was only good for arrogance and I felt like an intended one too.

Still, was a pleasure to read yours.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0