04-30-2014, 07:46 PM   #66
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1000 View Post
I'll take this as "i don't know" and if so you should probably take back the comment that my post was "so much fail"

I don't think I'm threadjacking at all, I'm addressing something that was written by the OP in the post that started this thread.

Also, keep in mind I haven't said one negative thing about the 1M or the original post other than to correct the fact that overall, the 1M does not put more torque down to the wheels than an M3.
Seriously?

It is not the torque that makes a car quicker in full out acceleration it is the horse power essentially and M3 has more of it vs a 1M and while accelerating on a straight it can stay in the sweet part of its power band (at the top); factor it to much better aero, then you have a car manual to manual as quick as the lighter and definitely more torquey 1M up to a certain point and then starting to pull away at higher speeds (around 180 km/h), with DCT always stays a bit ahead of the 1M due to additional advantages of that transmission (speed of change, launch control).

1M of course puts more tq than a M3 starting from idle to around 6200-6300 rpm, stock to stock, only at the final 700 rpm (of 1M) S65 starts to produce more (because N54T starts to produce less and less). As a side note, up to that point of 6200 something rpm, 1M also produces more horsepower than the M3 all the way, naturally. It is bizarre to seriously defend otherwise after all these years, dynoes and shared experiences available all over the internet.

Now, I wrote all these not that I needed to or to give credit to your final posts, because you really are threadjacking! How is all this not a side topic which has been discussed so many times in many other threads?

Let's give this amazing thread a re-start and its patient poster a relief from this point on, please!
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 04-30-2014 at 08:04 PM..
Appreciate 0