08-19-2014, 12:21 PM   #9
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by acediac View Post
Hey guys,

I finally joined the 1M club from the land of Oz last week , but from reading the forums it looks like people are already all partied out after 3 years and are off chasing newer cars...
Welcome!! Enough of us around, original owner, fashionably late to the party or even boomerangs, everyone is welcome. Entry level is some enthusiasm for the 1M; we're not a fussy community!

Quote:
- The "suggested" gear is always way higher than I expect! It seems want to drive like a big block V8, revving at just 1500 rpm! ...
That's a 'ecodynamics' thing, which in most markets is not activated as this fuel economy feature is deemed not appropriate for a sportscar. Does AUS have it as a standard feature? Wanna get rid of it? IIRC when the feature line in your display is empty, push the BC button for ~5 seconds.

Quote:
- Car does not have dynamic cruise control! (only S540A, not S544A) <rant on> This is highly annoying, I have it on the 335i and it's great for when you just want to cruise at mind numbingly low speed limits. ... Bottom line is, I need my Dynamic cruise control (with braking function). I had a quick look with NCS expert, but I don't know if the M1DSC module can be coded for DCC... If anyone knows about this subject please PM me!!
The good news is that if you had it on any E9x (or even E8x model) any feature can most likely be retrofitted, as the electronics platform is equal. Cruise control is processed in the KOMBI unit. But you want to look at the WSD diagrams for this feauture, then make sure you have all the hardware and sensors and then code a VO (SXXX are vehicle options). Finally process all modules, that will make sure that all modules involved for a certain VO get the correct settings. Not saying it is easy, just saying that with determination, it can be done. Check the coding forum, i'm sure such a retrofit has been done before.
Appreciate 0