View Single Post
      01-19-2016, 03:54 PM   #10
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
So I was finally able to read you blog entry and I just have one question: since the parameters are all listed in the module in German (and often, utilizing German abbreviations or acronyms), one cannot expect to find these things spelled out clearly using NCS Expert. Is the name in parenthesis (for example "FLR") the shorthand name for these nannies then? And does "Maximum Brake Support" really not have an abbreviation or German name?

Thanks!
This is where using NCS dummy REALLY helps - it will show the German name and then an English translation. Yes, the parenthesis are the shorthand for what NCS Expert actually sees in the TRC file. Sometimes, that shorthand is preceded by the model designation for your car. So for my E84 X1, to disable Brake Fading Compensation the parameter would be listed as e84_HPS. For a E91 it would be e91_hps or just simply HPS. It depends on how new the DSC module is.

For Maximum Brake Support I need to double check, I did not have an abbreviation in my notes but I also don't see that parameter in my saved TRC file. I also don't see a "MBS" though so I will check tonight and update the blog if it is wrong.

EDIT: I just checked and Maximum Brake Support is listed as "HVV" in the DSC file. So the parameter for my X1 is e84_HVV.

Last edited by paradoxical3; 01-19-2016 at 04:41 PM..
Appreciate 1