///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 View Post
How are you going to compare them if you sold the Cobb unit? I am not familiar with the 1M maps, but Stage 2+FMIC is a very potent map especially for being an off the shelf map.

There is no question that the Renntech tune will show far greater gains than the off the shelf Stage 1 map as Renntech is a custom tune tailored to your car though. If you had the supporting mods, I don't think you'll find much difference between that and the Stage 2+ map though...
Comparo has been long done, when I had the Cobb tune. I have data (and delta) of the car stock, with exhaust, with Cobb, with Renntech - the latter 3 all done on the same day so was a true apples to apples comparo.

In fact I wasn't really considering the Renntech offering until I went to their (very impressive!) facility to get a baseline dyno for the car, and the Cobb tune delta. I was already unhappy with the Cobb tune and the dyno results proved my comments and reservations both graphically and numerically. Renntech at the time had an early Beta themselves, and offered me the Pepsi challenge, so I took it. Even that early Beta was better in just about every way to the tune I had, and their subsequent version (and final Stage I) nailed the several small comments I raised.

And BTW, I was running a custom map Cobb had sent me after many hours of data logging, which I in turn sent them prior. But indeed, Renntech spent the extra time developing their own Beta, when the other tuner at the time did not, and hence the results were not even close.

I should note this was an early stage Cobb Beta, and for a long while they didn't have a shop car so virtually what they had rolled around Chritsmas time saw no development for months. It soulds like lately they have devoted R&D time and improved it, which is great to hear, and frankly something you would expect from a company of their stature.

Once I slap a FMIC, and perhaps catted DPs I'll go for Stage II.
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0