02-09-2015, 12:53 AM   #22
cbl117
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPowerF30 View Post
So how does this battery pack work? When the engine is on is it charging the battery pack and the dash cam gets power from the vehicle 12V or is it getting from the battery pack while it's getting charged at the same time?

When engine is off, does the battery pack supply the power until it is discharged, then the vehicle 12V battery kicks in until the specified cut off voltage then shuts off or vice versa?
When the engine is on the 12v outlet is powering the camera and charging the battery. Battery reaches full charge in an hour (I always reach full charge during commute which is nice). A full charge lasts up to 72 hrs and I've been seeing about 48 hrs.

When the engine is off the dash cam battery pack supplies the dash cam until it is drained. Once drained that's it. Never pulls from the car battery because the 12v outlet loses power when engine is off. Now this is only one way to wire it. The battery also has the ability to be hard wired to the car battery which means it will pull from the car battery until the car battery reaches 12v then the dash cam battery will shut off to prevent draining the car battery.

CURRENT: 2013 TSM 335i 6AT | Stock!!...for now |
SOLD: 2010 CR 135i 6MT | 351 WHP 387 WTQ | Dinan Stage 2 | Dinan Intercooler | BMS DCI | Berk Street Axle Back | N55 Midpipe | BMWP Y-Pipe | Bilstein HD Dampers | BMWP Springs | Whiteline RSFB Inserts | 225/255 RE71R | CDV Delete | CF Diffuser |
Appreciate 0