froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl View Post
Welcome!

Cheaping out on tyres is the worst thing you can do for performance. I wouldn't even bother doing power mods until you have decent rubber on there. You'll just spin up the tyres and never be able to make the most of it. DSC will still be kicking in in 3rd gear
+1 on the tyres. Good tyres will help your braking, acceleration and handling. You can have all the mods in the world like a $25k carbon ceramic BBK, 182575rwhp and $20k suspension but if you don't have some semi decent tyres you might as well not bother.

If you don't want to fork out for a new set of tyres, just look for a used set of decent/good tyres. I purchased a used 245/35/18 square set of Michelin PSS with ~60% tread for $400 shipped from Melbourne just recently. Pretty sure I just saw someone selling some GTC AFF-1 wheels with a 225/245 PSS staggered set. I'm sure you'd be able to buy them from him for $400 as well.

Hell, I have an extra set of 225/255 Yokohama AD08Rs with 20% tread left I was going to keep to maybe go to a dry drift event on them but I'd consider selling them too.