02-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #20
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedavis34 View Post
Thanks for the excellent write-up, I have 4 of 6 done, and I have a question for those of you that have done this. What did you guys do with the little bit of metal flakes/dirt thats down in the channel after you remove the old plug but before you put in the new one?

It would be very difficult to photograph so that's why I'm not posting a picture, but I worry that it might affect the seal of the spark plug washer to the head? My vacuum isn't narrow enough to get down there, but I could rig something up. Did you guys worry about it? I haven't done anything about it, but I'm starting to question if I should have.

I also found that a mouse had been chewing on one of my coil wires, which is ridiculous because this car is a daily driver.

Thanks for your help!
I did not worry about it because I did not have much "crud' down there in the holes on my car. I think if I did... yea... I would jurry rig something up with a vacuum cleaner. Maybe take a small paper tube or plastic tube from a hardware store. I think most techs just jam new plugs in the car without giving this a second thought. You could always use some compressed air shot down the holes to remove the "crud".

As for your mouse damage... be carefull, espcially under the engine(belly pan) where the wires for the O2 sensor and oil level sensors are. These rodents can do major damage. The Germans hang toilet bowl cleaners under the engine hood or even have these electronic boxes that "chirp" high freq that drive these chewing annimals away.
Appreciate 0