Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamal3 View Post
My car just went into the shop early last week. I brought it in because I had the car go limp 3 times while driving. The funny thing is that it's not even a HPFP issue to begin with. I get a transmission light with an exclaimation mark whenever it happens. It's basically when upon acceleration that the car loses power and then all of a sudden it's stuck in one gear. This problem is very dangerous if you are on a highway. I'm very fortunate that the past 3 times its happened I didn't get into any accident. My car is an 08 bmw 135i. The car was doing fine for about 2 years and just lately it's been going through so many issues. The last three times my car was in the shop, they could not replicate the problem, and so this time they asked me to leave the car with one of the service managers to let them road test the vehicle for a few days and funny enough this happened to them during the test. So now I get a call from BMW stating that they are ordering a new transmission from Germany and that it'll take 2 weeks to arrive here. This is really crazy that this is happening to a $50000.00 car. I'm not sure how long this car will last if problems like this start happening. Has anybody experienced this instead of the common HPFP? What can I do at this moment? Is this a lemon or what?
I own a 128i 2009 and have only experienced this problem on ICE. The car goes strange and exclamation mark appears and stays in one gear. Is this normal? Does the car know when the tires are slipping and engages this behavior?