View Single Post
      02-03-2009, 01:11 AM   #45
Sprey
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Well, as you can probably tell, Space Grey was a partly (mostly) a decision made by the head because of my obsessive compulsive nature when it came to black.

I originally ordered SGM (closer to black but 'sane' by my rationalisation) and was really at two minds about Space Grey when I learnt SGM had been discontinued. I didn't want it too light - I've had/have many silver cars. Now that I've seen it in metal and differing light, I am pleased with the choice. It is very forgiving on dust just like I had hoped and yet some of the reflective qualities of dark colours still applies. To think I chose this sight unseen!

By the way, I still have that black car (make/model shall remain nameless) and still obsess over it. I couldn't add another black car and stay sane (already questionable).

Not sure about sanding off the dot matrix by the way. I'm happy with the results of the trick I had described earlier. I took this picture just a few moments ago in the sunset - not great lighting but flash photography would tend to exaggerate the bubbles more so you can see the results are quite acceptable.

Appreciate 0