View Single Post
      02-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #36
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
^^^I know that you will take that curve in the second picture on a completely different line if you go to that track with your 1er (a little wider before the turn-in...middle of track methinks)....get decent summer tires, you don't need the power package as you will still be faster than you think. I ran Road Atlanta/Roebling Road in Valet mode with BMCCCA and PCA and I was still passing people esp. if you are in Green/Blue group. I would suggest some mild suspension changes but if you are only going a couple of times a year then mainly the tires and possibly brake fluid....you shouldn't need the extra cooling. The times I ran at RA and RR temps were in the upper 80's to upper 90's and I never overheated (of course lifted hood after each session...).
Lol I'm surprised someone pointed that out so quick. This was from 5~ years ago... no idea what I was doing in that picture.

I'll probably only honestly take the 135 to the track once or twice. I was expecting to get a 1m but with my schedule lately I'm goign to wait until one hits the used market later this year. This is why I'm not willing to do much else in the way of suspension of performance.

Sounds like I'll drop the idea of the PPK, I couldn't care less about the extra power, was only interested in it for the cooling. I'll just be sure to pop my hood after each session.

I appreciate the advice, totally forgot to mention I'm swapping for some non-RFTs. Looks like I'll just throw some pads and fluid on with a sway bar and tires and call it a day.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0