View Single Post
      10-15-2010, 09:44 PM   #26
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenyc View Post
Windows rolling up can be programmed or "coded" very easily if you want that feature, but will cost you some $
I was under the impression that this could be done by your BMW dealer.
It's in the programming.

My 06 A4 had both unlock doors, roll down windows, and open sunroof if you press the unlock button a second time and then hold it.
Then, if you want lockup, close the sunroof, and roll up the windows, then you press and hold the lock button.

Safety is provided by the anti-pinch control, which works very nicely even in our cars. Get a stick and try to close your sunroof or windows. When the window/roof hits the stick, the window/roof will retract.
It doesn't require a lot of force to activate the anti-pinch, it's pretty responsive and safe.

I don't think BMW disable this due to safety lawsuit reasons. After all Audi/VW still offer this.
I keep forgetting to do it, but next time I'm going to ask the dealer to program this feature "on", and see what they say. It can't take but a few minutes, so even if there is a charge it'll probably be the 1/2 hour minimum, $40 or $50 bucks.
They should just do it for free, cause they should ask the customer if they want this feature when we pick up our new cars. Hell, it's already in there and we paid for it to begin with!
Appreciate 0