View Single Post
      07-15-2010, 03:38 PM   #61
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
Wasnt the idea with this hood be that it utilizes the same oem attachment hardware and shocks? Hence its not just a crap wannabe fake cf hood that only attaches at the hinges. Pretty sure this hood like they said will fit 100% like stop, and in doing so, drive 100% like stock.

Am I wrong?

Honestly, I would probably look to paint this hood DSB, that is if I had a clue about paintwork shops, if there are ANY within even an hour of me, how much it would cost and how long??

Honestly I think the all CF looks pretty good, or least I think it would look pretty sweet on my DSB, specially if I eventually got the rear diffuser as well

Not loving the trunk, but id prob go with the spoiler same time I get the diffuser whenever that happens to be.

P.S. To the dood asking if the power dome has function, I would think it would, I mean the space is lifted on the inside of the hood right? So if theres heat build up in that area, it gives the heat more area to move and escape, specially thru those m3 vents.
You are right. The hood has the provisions to accept all stock hardware. Double-Sided pieces SHOULD be installed without shocks though, as it's a lot of pressure and they are meant for a much heavier piece. We've had the car up to 140mph and drive thousands of miles on it, no issues with it.

If you wanted it painted and don't have anywhere to take it to get painted, we can paint it for you before shipping. However, we do suggest that you get it painted locally since there are color variations between cars sometimes. It's also better to get the hood professionally installed, since there are A LOT of different adjustments to get a hood to fit to the way you like it (even if you're replacing an OEM hood).

The extra volume of the M3 bulge will help get some hot air up and out, yes!

Any other questions, just ask

- Andy
Appreciate 0