View Single Post
      01-08-2018, 10:11 AM   #17
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
I never heard of any official service interval guide that came with a new BMW vehicle (at least not with an e82 135i n55). Can you share information on that? Like you said, the dealer AND the manual reference to the CBS. The CBS itself generates service intervals based on certain algorithms. For my car with 90.000km at the moment it says 3/2019 or 22.000km whatever comes first. The last oil change was done in march 2017.

So stop accusing me of spreading bs. Maybe its different for the cars in the US, I dont know that, but the CBS of my car definately says so.

And by the way, I DO change oil every year (for obvious reasons), but the previous owner did not. He did not, because he was told by his dealer and the manual to follow the instructions of the CBS. So thats why I cant blame him, if damage to the engine was caused by simply following instructions. Not everyone is a car enthusiast and knows this (in my opinion) basic knowledge, sadly....
Correct link: http://cache.bmwusa.com/pdf_3747782a...6-aeed1422364a

See page 12/62 (Page 6)

This manual comes with your car. I never said YOU didn't change your oil every year. But, the previous owner DIDN'T. So, he was NOT following BMWs recommendations. Shit, my dealer would change my oil 2x a year for free no matter the mileage. Previous owner was probably just lazy and didn't care about the car. Oops. You got stuck with it.
Appreciate 0